Sing For Japan - Three Charity Concerts 15 & 16 April
Three Charity Concerts to raise funds for Japan Friday 15 April 2011 and Saturday 16 April 2011
On March 11th, 2011, the Tohuku Earthquake (magnitude 9.0) struck the northern part of Japan. The massive earthquake caused a tsunami which devastated much of the northern Pacific coast of Japan. The disaster caused significant loss of life that has not been fully measured. By April 2nd, tens of thousands of people lost their homes and remain in shelters, and the latest count left 11,800 dead and 15,540 missing.
In the aftermath of the disaster, Asako Watanabe, a Japanese-born Soprano singer, who came to seek shelter in Hong Kong, decided to organise « Sing for Japan »; a Charity Concert to raise funds for the country, with the support of a group of empathic Hong Kong residents.
The Concert will feature Asako Watanabe, Makiko Ogura, Katsuhiko Nakashima, three outstanding Japanese singers and a brilliant pianist Keisuke Tsushima, with the support of Maestro Lu Xiao Yi, from the Nanjing Philharmonic Orchestra.
100% of profits raised will go to the organisations such as Japanese Red Cross Society (JRCS), Ashinaga, and Central Community Chest of Japan (CCCJ) for helping victims of the earthquake.
This is not to be missed!
Please spread the word and come and support Japan while listening to a unique and memorable concert.
« Sing for Japan », Charity Concert will take place in three different venues as follows:
- Friday 15 April 2011 – 6:30 pm to 7:45 pm - 1/F Hall, South Horizons Neighbourhood Community Centre 1/F, Marina Square, East Commercial Block, South Horizons, Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong – accompanied by the Hong Kong Southern District Youth Orchestra and Maestro Lu XiaoYi.
- Friday 15 April 2011 at 8:30 pm, French International School (FIS) - 34 Price Road, Jardine's Lookout at the Auditorium.
- Saturday 16 April 2011 at 7:30 pm, St Anne's Catholic Church in Stanley, 1 Tung Tau Wan Road – Intimate Recital
*Entrance Fees : based on your own gratitude and generosity. Cash preferred but cheques are also accepted.
*Tickets can preferably be pre booked via this e mail address : email@example.com
Please mention the concert of your choice, your name and the number of tickets required. We will send you a confirmation mail.
*Donation boxes will be displayed in each venue, and also at the Hong Kong South District residences and South Horizons Neighbourhood Community Centre for several weeks.
The artist will perform a unique program aimed to suit all tastes comprised of traditional japanese songs, opera arias and popular music such as :
- Sakura, Kousaku Yamada
- Habanera - Carmen, G.Bizet
- La fleur que tu m'avais jetée – Carmen, G.Bizet
- Time to Say Goodbye, F.Sartori
- Fantaisie Impromptu, F.Chopin etc…
投稿者 Gambare Japan 時刻: 1:34 PM